Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tag Team Dream Team

So I collaborated with Kate Haberer on this project. If you've noticed my prettiest of ladies aren't usually drawn that pretty, so she drew figures, and I drew backgrounds. She took point on color direction too. Actually she was pretty much director on these, which is good, as sometimes my work gets away from me. I think given our wildly different styles these came out totally amazing.

This was our mailer design, based on one of Kate's early sketches.


This is a two page spread, the figures on the left are based on one of Kate's early sketches, and the mayhem on the right are based on one of mine.

Here is most of what I did on the spread, although there were some additions, notably the broken wall, floppy disks, Louis Vuitton monogram, and a hapless, tackled man.

No comments: